Oct 31, 2009

Why not LEGOs?

Pubdolls has created some great designs using legos. The modular shelving system is made of Lego window frames. Genius!



Mini Modern had suggested taking windows and doors from several Beach House by LEGO kits to build something in 1:12. The LEGO Architecture series might have some cool pieces to add to build a truly unique modern dollhouse. I'm adding this to my to do list, right after assembling the roof on my current house and building a few kits in storage.
I'm interested to see what else LEGO comes up with in their Architecture line. Right now they are focused on a new line of distinctive landmark building sets; John Hancock, Empire State Building, Seattle Space Needle. The plan is to "offer other famous landmarks throughout the world celebrating influential architects and movements that have shaped the environment around us." If this picture is an indicator of more modern design to come... yay!

(All photos from pubdoll's photostream on flickr and LEGOs Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater and Guggenheim Museum Architecture.lego.com/en-US/default.aspx)

8 comments:

callsmall said...

No one does Lego better than Pubdoll -- makes you appreciate your kids' toys even more :) Glad you're blogging again, btw. Hope you keep it up.

Mini Dork said...

Pubdoll rocks.

My oldest is 3, so Duplos are the only Legos in the house at the moment. I will definitely be taking another look at what to build with them.

I'm trying to blog more, it helps fill the void Mini Modern left. "Helps" but nothing will ever fill that void. :P

Thanks for reading, I LOVE your blog and flickr pics!

Natalie_myminiworld said...

Thanks for sharing:)
I love how you have showcased the houses! Pubdoll is very talented I love her creations with lego! my boys are absolutely crazy about lego and love looking at Pubdolls work, and trying to build their own mini houses too!

Pubdoll said...

Thank you so much for posting my lego work and for your kind words, I'm very honoured!
And it's great to see your blogging again, we do really need someone who can help us fill the void left by Mini Modern!
Even though callsmall does a great job there too!

Mini Dork said...

Natalie,
Please post photos of your boys creations. I found more lego dollhouses that I'll be blogging about soon.
:)

Pubdoll said...

I thought I posted a comment here yesterday, but I'll try again :) Thank you (again) for posting pictures showing my lego work, I'm truly honoured!

It's great you have started blogging again, can't be easy to find the time with small children!

Mini Dork said...

Thanks Pubdoll. Sorry I'm a little slow to publish comments sometimes.

I can't wait until the kids are old enough to have their own dollhouses. Jeez, soon enough I'll just let them post stuff too. Time goes by too fast.

Anonymous said...

Hey i'm new here. I came upon this website I have found It extremely useful and it's helped me out a great deal. I hope to give something back and guide others like its helped me.

Thank You, Catch You Later